Welcome to the North Providence District-wide School Construction Program website!
Over the next 5 years, the Town of North Providence and North Providence School District will be making a transformative investment in its school facilities. The Construction Program is made up of the following elements:
– Renovation to the existing High School Auditorium
– Administrative Addition to the North Providence High School
– The construction of new elemetary schools to replace Centerdale, Greystone, and Whelan elementary schools.
Each design is based on the following high-level requirements developed through comprehensive visioning sessions with Town, Committee, and School Department stakeholders:
1. Create 21st Century Learning Environments for all students in North Providence
2. Design all facilities to be equitable across the District.
3. Maximize RIDE reimbusement to mitigate taxpayer burden.
4. Ensure all projects are delivered on time/on budget.
In addition to those core requirements, visioning sessions have also outlined the following objectives:
– Create welcoming, thoughtful facilities which reflect the character and people of North Providence.
– Provide Media Centers in all schools, plus dedicated Art, Music, Special Education, & STEM classrooms.
– Diversify size & capabilities of shared learning environments to allow for scaling by faculty.
– Decrease energy usage and operating / maintenance costs.
– Provide dedicated support spaces for students, teachers, & staff.
Project Timeline and Status
February - March, 2023
Designer Procurement & Selection
February 15, 2023
Stage II Submitted to RIDE
Leftfield appointed as OPM
February 15, 2022
Stage I Submitted to RIDE
February 15, 2022
Letter of Intent Submitted to RIDE
Click here for more information about funding and protocols of capital improvement projects in the Commonwealth’s public schools
GLOSSARY OF TERMS
Click here for a reference guide to clarify context and meaning to common terms used in the building process for public projects